Beginning today, 15 September 2019, the applications for the spring 2020 Camino are available.
A 550 mile pilgrimage on the “Camino de Santiago”
On or around 1 April 2020, the group of Veterans who are selected will begin walking from Saint Jean Pied du Port, France. The journey will require approximately 35 days and averaging about 15 miles walking per day. Including travel days, you can expect to be away for about 40 days. We will walk beyond Santiago de Compostella to Finisterre – “The end of the Earth.”
VOC will provide your boots and backpack, all travel expenses and a daily per diem to cover lodging and food.
If you are still reading – and still interested – this is how you qualify:
- Be a military Veteran from any coalition nation
- Completely and legibly fill out the application form for consideration by the selection committee
- Have a valid passport or applicable identification card to permit travel to the EU
- Have 40 days available
- Be able to converse in basic English
- Understand that this is not a vacation
If you meet this criterion and would like to apply, email VOC using the “Contact” tab on this website. An application form will be emailed to you.
Applications must be returned by 2400 EST, 15 November 2019.
A phone interview will take place after the application is received and an independent selection committee will evaluate all applications and advise the VOC board of directors which applicants are recommended for participation.
Selected Veterans will be notified by 15 January 2020.