After an extraordinarily long break due to global pandemics and imminent WW3 (Thanks Putin…) The directors of VOC have determined that we can send the current Veteran group on the Camino this Fall. Better yet, we will begin a new application season in order to have a group ready for a Fall 2023 Camino.
Make sure to check the website in the coming weeks for specific instructions on how to request an application and the criteria required.
Here is what you are applying for:
- VOC will purchase your most critical gear for you to train in – boots and backpack
- VOC will assist in what to train for and how to train
- VOC covers all travel expenses
- VOC provides a daily per diem to cover food and basic albergue costs
- You provide the time needed – roughly 40 days
You will join a small group of other Veterans to walk the 600-mile French Camino from Saint Jean Pied du Port, France all the way to Santiago de Compostella and Finisterre, Spain. Our goal is to removes many obstacles as possible to enable you, the Veteran, to walk this ancient pilgrimage.
What this isn’t:
- A vacation – this is not a journey to be taken lightly.
- An all-expenses paid tour of Europe – living conditions are not posh. You will travel and live much as other perigrinos have done for over 1000 years.
If you feel like this is a good fit, and something that might help you “reboot” then I encourage you to submit your application!