Starting 1 October 2018 Veterans on the Camino (VOC), a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, will be accepting applications for participation in the Spring 2019 Camino.
In the beginning of April 2019, the selected Veterans will link up and depart from Saint Jean Pied du Port, France to walk the 550-mile Camino de Santiago all the way to the western most point of Spain in Finisterre. This journey will take approximately 35 days to walk, factor in travel days and you can expect to return around 15 May.
If selected to participate, VOC will provide your backpack and boots, all travel to and from your home, and a $30.00 USD daily perdiem to cover food and lodging along “The Way.”
To qualify you must:
– Be a military Veteran from any coalition nation
– Completely and legibly fill out the application form for consideration by the selection committee
– Have a valid passport or applicable Identification card to permit travel to the EU
– Understand that this is not a vacation, walking 550 miles is not an easy endeavor
– Have 40 days available to participate
– Be able to converse in basic English
If you meet this criterion and would like to apply, email VOC using the “Contact” tab on this website. An application form will be emailed to you.
Applications will be accepted via mail or email until 2400 EST, 15 December 2018.
An independent selection committee will evaluate all applications and advise the VOC board of directors which applicants they recommend for participation.
Selected participants will be notified by 7 January 2019.